Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Work Day at Marcia's Studio

Today was a work day at Marcia's studio. Inspector Suki saw her duty quickly to inspect all the boxes and stand guard. We were assembling and sorting garments for a special wearable art fashion show we are curating for the Mancuso Quilt Show in Pennsylvania next month.
Some of the garments hanging in Marcia's closet.

Of course it wasn't all work. We spent some time in the studio just discussing current and future work...including one of Marcia's newest Jet Trails.

And work in progress.

Marcia has to complete these three pieces for Pat Pauly's challenge before the end of the month.

I briefly worked on my Nepal Batik Quilt. I have decided to try and finish one UFO...then do something new...then another UFO...and so on...and hope that the new piece doesn't also become a UFO

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home