Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

QBL, Quilting by the Lake Week 2

During Week 2 I took a 2 day and then a three day class with Lesley Riley, famous for her work in mixed media. In the first class we worked with paint and dye and resist.
More paint and dye work. I particularly liked using Elmer's School Glue (blue) as a resist.

Day 3 we began a three day class called "Sew What". We began by painting some watercolor paper with the goal of making a five page book and doing some transfers.


Since I found I had already done this as a one day class in Houston (and since I didn't need another book) on day 2 of the class I opted to switch to composing a collage of photos from Nepal using TAP Transfer paper which I like very much. The brown background is handmade paper from Nepal as is the purple behind the photos (which is much brighter in person. The piece needs a bit more color (and the colors look faded here).....perhaps a bit of red. There will be more photos as well.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home