Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Spring Fling- Two Sewing Days in Webster - GVQC

A number of the members of the Geneseee Valley Quilt Club just spent two delightful days sewing in Webster. They were loosely organized days and you brought your own projects. A delicious catered lunch was served both days. One of the projects I worked on was re-working the wolf quilt...obviously without the wolves which are going into another project. It needs squaring up and a border.

A Show and Tell by a member. I don't know who it is as she is standing behind the quilt.


We had problems getting the temperature just right and it waxed and waned between very hot and quite chilly. During one of the very hot moments one of the members by the far wall stripped her shirt off and worked in her bra.



Beth, my table mate, worked on her third I Spy quilt.




And on Day Two I started making a wall quilt out of a beautiful Vietnamese Embroidery.
My friend Pat Pauly has informed me that the embroidery is a copy of a painting by Giuseppe Archimboldo (1527-1593). It is his 1591 portrait of Rudolf II as “V ertumnus” or God of the Seasons and that of Gardens and Fruit Trees, kept now in the Skoklosters Slott, Bålsta (Stockholm)
You can see the photo of the painting and the artist on the top of the page at:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home