Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Las Vegas Part One

I spent a couple of delightful days in Las Vegas with Wendy Strumwasser before setting off for Quilting in the Desert Workshops in Phoenix. Our first stop sightseeing was the Bellagio Hotel.
There was a fabulous silver horse in the lobby which was great for tourists to take photos next to.


And a fabulous blown glass light fixture in the lobby.



Since it was Chinese New Year their lobby gardens were decorated appropriately.



It's the year of the Ox.





The garden decor changes with the seasons and the holiday.






What would a Chinese theme garden be without a panda?







The Chocolate shop had chocolate pouring down from the ceiling.








And a buffet in the restaurant to die for.










A dragon in the garden.





















And who could resist trying on jewelry in the high end shops.

























One of the stair areas was decorated with gorgeous umbrellas. It would make a great quilt.

































Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosalie Cooke said...

Hi Priscilla, haven't been to the Bellagio, but I know Chihuly glass when I see it. BTW there's some in the Houston Hilton too, I think on the third floor. But not like the display you saw in Las Vegas. I saw one version in the museums in San Francisco and/or San Jose. Most fun is to lie down under it and let your eyes wander over all the textures and shapes. Sounds like the Las Vegas part of your trip was lots of fun! bye, Rosalie

February 2, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home