Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shaman's Coat and Mola Jacket

I am expecting to go to Vietnam next month and hope to purchase some Shaman's Coats. I have made a connection with an antique dealer who has been successful in the past with scouting them out for me. They are not old old...but surely vintage. Most are made of handwoven fabric and the figures are all hand embroidered. Unlined. They run about 3/4 length and are very wearable.

A few weeks ago I finished my Black Mola Jacket which began life with an orange background. The black area is all strip pieced with several different fabrics to give it some interest.


And the two major molas on the back are beaded.




Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Golden Thyme Designs said...

Stunning! Just Stunning!
Thank you for the inspiration Priscilla! They are gorgeous! I need to get back to Wearables for my soul!

February 1, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Priscilla Kibbee said...

Thanks Lacey.

February 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home