Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Las Vegas Part Three, More Quilt Inspirations

The shops were just full of goodies you would like to take home (but maybe not pack in a suitcase).


And some of the shop windows looked more like art galleries.



This was a ceiling over a bar. Another great quilt?





And a light fixture.





These flowers might work out for a class I have coming up with Velda Newman in April.














This was an inlaid floor in a cafe. Unfortunately very dark.





























And the fabulous drapes. Loved the trim.






















The window in the Chanel shop.














It looked a bit hot for Las Vegas.















Sunset on one of the hotels. It was threatening rain but we only had a few drops.
















Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home