Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Another Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio Tuesday

Inspector Suki took time out of her busy schedule (of going in and out the door for outside inspections) to check out my new art quilt before I began trimming it. This quilt is composed mostly of strips, blocks and pieces left over from a previous quilt. I worked on it in my hotel during a two day break at Quilting in the Desert in Phoenix. Beth was working on her draft of a new flowered quilt on the left.

And Marcia was finishing up the quilting on a quilt for charity.


My new quilt is almost finished. I will add a diagonal green strip before adding the borders...a tiny strip of black, then a bit wider strip of black and white...and a sort of matching Ricky Tims hand dyed fabric on the outside.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home