Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Great Day at Marcia's Studio

The day often begins with "show and tell". I brought some "confetti fabric" which I have been making recently. These are 1/4" squares butted together and sewn with a gold metallic zig zag.


They are sewn, not fused. I have been putting the finished squares together to make "fabric".


Beth brought a fabulous piece of Marimekko fabric from Finland.
I also brought some Miao embroideries from China.
I purchased these years ago at the so called "dirt market" in Beijing and plan to incorporate them in a jacket.

Pat Berardi has her jacket from my last jacket class almost finished. We all loved it.
Inspector Suki dropped by to inspect Beth's pattern.
It apparently required a little more intensive effort on her part.
My cow jacket begins to take shape.

Pat spent most of the day quilting this fabulous quilt on Marcia's longarm machine.
Beth added a silk lining to her jacket from the last class.

The cow jacket back is about finished.

The flowered band on the red strip is a beaded band from Solola Guatemala. It was intended to be part of a belt but will look wonderful here.
The sleeves begin to take shape.


And I start work on the front.



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home