Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, July 25, 2008

My Week at QBL - Quilting by the Lake

Back home after the usual wonderful week at QBL. I didn't take photos of most of the quilt show as one was not permitted to post them without the permission of the quilt maker.



I was in independent studio with Barbara, Carol and Sally. Independant studio provides you with a great space to work in individual projects. I began by working on a kimono style jacket and am using an obi piece for the center back. The beginning of Sally's many creations.
Barbara all but finished this vest of black and lime. (Barbara informed me after I posted this that it is upside down. Sorry)
One of my students from last year modeling the coat she made in my class.


Carol brought in some fabulous dolls made from a cast.

Lynn Miller designed this vest in my class last summer. Made mostly from Laurel Burch fabrics.

And this "butterfly vest" . The beautiful back piece is discharged.


Rachel Clark's coat from a Bernina Fashion Show a few years ago.
The RAFA (Rochester Area Fiber Artists) had a special display:
Jeanne Beck's Quilt which will be seen in an upcoming American Quilter Magazine.
Liz Scott's Trees
Marcia De Camp had two quilts in the display.
Julie Brandon made this one mostly of a chenille technique.



Marcia DeCAmp's second quilt.


Pat Berardi's beauty.














Donna Patrick's beautiful scarf.

I couldn't resist taking photos of this kimono in the rest of the show made from (I think) bubble wrap.


Back in the studio Barbara worked on a second garment series. And Carol made beautiful blue collages.







Rosalie Dace's quilt.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home