Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Big Doings in Wolcott NY

I returned to find the downtown park bustling with a Living History Day! Here kids are being taken on a barrel ride around town.
Its always a good day when you catch up with old friends.
An old time Farm Market cart. The park is edged with two beautiful old brick churches. The Youngman family quilt.
A Dear Jane quilt made during the Civil War from the Bennington Museum.
Re-enactors with some historical pieces in the Baptist Church basement. There was also a sale going on to benefit the Church roof fund.

And music of course in the town band stand. A half track from 1944.

Korean War ambulance. Vietnam era MP's.

Half track again.
Vietnam MP's again.

Ambulance again. History club displays from Wolcott and the adjoining town of Butler.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home