Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Flowers and Spring Cleaning

Last year I worried about my big Magnolia tree because it had perhaps 20 blossoms. I think it got confused during a warm spell during the winter that year. This year its back to its old self.
And my "cherry pit" tree is in full bloom. It is called that because I lived here for 10 years before I knew which kind of cherry tree it really was. When the thousands of cherries it produces begin to ripen birds descent in hordes and the tree looks alive for a few days. They just leave pits all over the ground.

And my new fenced in yard is patiently awaiting my purchase of some cool outside furniture. In the meantime I am back at work trying to clean up my sewing room mess. This is a pile moved into the hall in the hopes that it might disappear somehow.

The hallway is becoming so narrow the cat can hardly get through. Perhaps I should just get a thinner cat.
Looking from the hall into sewing room number two. Piles of "stuff" are being pulled out of here as well in the hopes of some future organization. I can almost see the top of the sleeper sofa.
In the "real" sewing room the cutting table is still obscured.
And this corner pile needs serious work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home