Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Fun Day at Marcia's Studio

Beth began by basting another of her beautiful quilts. This one is made from 30
s fabrics and she is going to quilt it in two pieces. I have been collecting batiks from Nepal for a number of years which feature local people in their various activities of daily living. I brought the piece of green to give it some color on the white wall.
The scene in the center is a Hindu wedding. Actually I like the green background and may use a similar color.
The brown piece is a famous Potters Square in Bhaktapur a city in the Kathmandu Valley.
Marcia is finishing her jacket. We were doing a final look here before adding the band.


The finished version will be more like this with bands of Guatemalan fabric on the front. There are Indian shisha mirrors and hand made applique pieces from Thailand and embroidery from Vietnam on the jacket. Truly international. Marcia's jet trails piece is in the background (in process...she has made several others)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home