Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lancaster Show Part 3-The Fashion Show

Every year there is an invitational fashion show on Friday with a delicious lunch. This outfit was a red hat lady creation. Diane Herbort, the moderator, seen at the right at the mike, does a fabulous job of organizing the show.
great collection of animal themed jackets with bargello backs. Just lovely.

And this outfit was composed of several denim pieces.

A jacket with travel designs from the makers trips.


My Guatemalan coat. The pattern is the Folkwear Turkish Coat. The lining is Guatemalan ladies in the market fabric from Alexander Henry.
The back panel is a beaded Guatemalan weaving.


Another animal/bargello jacket.


My outfit from the 2004 Bernina Fashion Show..Tiger.Tiger. The flowered bands are beaded belts from Guatemala.
The lining is a flowered collage and there is a huge white in the bottom back of the coat, hidden behind the model in this photo.



A pretty jacket trimmed with roses.

Diane Herbort's outfit from the 2005 Bernina Fashion Show.
Another Bernina Fashion Show outfit. There were several others which I didn't photograph. I think this one was by Susan Deal.





This gorgeous Bernina Fashion Show outfit was made from silk with appliqued butterflies.

This was a fabulous outfit from a recent Bernina show with an Indian theme.






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home