Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sew in Day and High School Class

Another sew in day at Marcia's terrific studio on Monday. Lots of fine tuning going on today. Beth began a spectacular row of seminole patchwork to surround her gorgeous quilt. Two of us voted for a green strip around it but the verdict is still out on that one. I had sewn the two beaded strips on the back of the jacket and began work on the front.
And Donna had her fronts and backs finished and was at work on the sleeves.

Wednesday it was back to my class for high school seniors at a local school. One of the students is doing an excellent job making this interesting jacket.
This is a quilt we made with 7th graders in 2004 depicting the school and the surrounding area. Completely made by the students except for the binding on the edge.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home