Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another school jacket and back to Marcia's

Another school jacket almost done. Here we are just fitting shoulder pads before the lining is sewn in.
Then it was back to Marcia's great studio with Beth and Barb to sew and chat. Today I added "pick up sticks" to my quilt top. A black border will be next.

Beth began working on an orange/blue quilt she was finishing up then switched to a new jacket.
My Nepal quilt came out again so that I could make some color choices. I want to use hand dyed fabric and didn't have enough of anything so the sashings will have a mixture. Barb worked on a quilt she started in Pat's class Monday.
And another one which looks sort of like a butterfly. Or desert trails. You can see a bit of Marcia's new Jet Trails quilt on the bottom corner.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home