Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Quilt Group, Jacket Class & Sew In Day

Thursday was the monthly Genesee Valley Quilt Club meeting. The speaker was Lura Schwarz Smith and as always, we had a great show and tell. This beautiful quilt was made by Pat Faulkner.
Julie Brandon made this one as a sample for a competition during our 2008 Quilt Show
Pat Pauly made this dramatic one.
Friday saw me back to work at the local school and the senior jacket class. This one is all finished and a super job.




And later off to Marci's and more work on the "just your basic blue jacket" The outside is all done and everyone voted on the tiger print for the lining. With luck it should be finished next week.
Beth has most of the Seminole Patchwork completed for the quilt border.
And Marcia is adding embellishment to her jacket.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home