Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lancaster Quilt Show - Part Two

There were, I think, about 12 different collections submitted by guilds or groups. Most of those had some sort of theme or challenge. This one obviously had something to do with faces.


Some challenges allowed garments.
This quilt was from the main judged show, not the collections. I just love it.
This was a collection of quilts from a class taught by Wendy Strumwasser. The quilters all used the same pattern in different ways.
This was Wendy's quilt.


I really liked the color combination in this one.
They came in all sizes. Wendy says she has had a huge number of requests for the pattern from the show and a few requests to teach the class in other areas.

Anne Fischer's gorgeous quilt. This one was in Quilter's newsletter a few issues ago. The quilter is reading an old issue.

This prizewinner was mostly beads.





And Wendy and I had to have a bit of fun after long days at the show. Shopping for discounted fabric at the local quilt stores.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home