Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, May 18, 2007

The Quilt Show

The Quilt Show was held at the famous Military Museum north of Taksim Square on the European side. This was the banner on the fence advertising the show.
Many of the quilts had a local theme. Photos were not allowed during the show but I managed to sneak a few.


The Association publishes a beautiful glossy book after the show which includes all the quilts.


A copy is given to every participant.


This was not really a "quilt" as it wasn't quilted. A group of women from outside of Istanbul are just beginning fabric arts and are doing some very interesting work.







Another quilt with a very Turkish theme.





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgia C. Feasel said...

Priscilla,

Thank you for the q. show pictures. I looking forward to your presentation in Binghamton in June (Endwell).

We met briefly in the past at a Genessee Valley meeting in Rochester.
Georgia

May 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home