Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Uskudar

Uskudar is a large "village" on the Asian short of Istanbul. History buffs will remember it as Scutari from the Crimean War. Large commuter boats leave from the European side for the 10 or 15 minute trip every few minutes. Shoeshine men have very elaborate outfits here.
And you can buy beautiful flowers to take home. I am told that these sellers are gypsies. This man was selling some sort of duck.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home