Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Market in Kuzguncuk

Wednesday is market day here and it is a sight to behold. Who could resist these gorgeous ripe tomatoes?
Or strawberries?

Looking down the street from the market.
An old Turkish wooden house that hasn't been restored. Surely there is art in arranging these vegetables.


How could you not love a market where they peel the artichokes for you?





Those green balls are a type of plum.

Another artichoke peeler. They must be a hot item.







2 Comments:

Blogger Charmaine Babineau said...

Great pix of veggies, Priscilla! I remember those markets and arrangements well from our trip to Turkey in 2001. The quilts were interesting, too. Was one of the quilts yours? Perhaps the colorful coat? Charmaine Babineau

May 18, 2007 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah Ann Smith said...

Oh MY...if I were still in the Foreign Service, I'd bid on a posting to Turkey just based on these photos... wonderful!

Thanks for sharing, Sarah Smith

May 22, 2007 at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home