Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Teaching at the Quilt Association

Wendy hates boats. They usually make her sick so she got on with a great deal of trepidation. No, she isn't calling for help on her cellphone. She's trying to cool down with a water bottle.
Selma Kenter has a lovely quilt shop in the lower floor under the Quilt Association in Kuzguncuk, a beautiful town on the Asian shore. It is probably the only real quilt shop in Istanbul.

Wendy's class. I had a similar class two days earlier but forgot to take photos.


The street outside the window.

A restored old Turkish house across the street.
This woman was leaning out on the sill cleaning a second story window.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home