Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fashion Show

During the last two International Quilt Shows a fashion show has been held for local and international participants and others at a beautiful theater across the street from the Quilt Show. It has become a popular event and draws a large audience. A well-known Turkish actress narrates the description of the outfits.




This was Wendy's vest. Unfortunately my camera didn't capture the color.
My Guatemalan coat. Bad colors again.


The young entrants always have something interesting to show.

I loved this velvet coat.




An interesting skirt made from neckties.

This was a classy outfit. A dark brown slinky dress and a paper pieced silk shawl.

Another terrific young designer.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home