Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Older Part of Orkatoy

There is a shop on the main road with beautiful tilework on the building. This was an interesting design ...sort of "warding off the evil eye"
They also had beautiful ceramic dishes. We resisted the temptation but bought some in Izmit and in a shop near our hotel.
Fish in the window of a local restaurant.

Okay, its yet another bakery. But I just love the Turkish bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home