Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Our Hotel

We stayed at the Hotel Sebnem in the Sulthanamet section of Istanbul near the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace. A great location with lots of restaurants and shops and near the tram. This is the view of the Sea of Marmara from the rooftop terrace where we ate breakfast.
There was also another higher terrace.
The beautiful painting makes a great backdrop.
The terrace at another hotel.
Huge birds would swoop in and snatch anything from an unattended plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home