Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

On the Home Stretch

Don't I look prosperous with this camper? It's not mine thank goodness. It's my daughters and son'in law's who are parking it in my yard while they have some concrete poured in theirs. They claim they go camping with this huge tow along but Its not my idea of roughing it.

My japanese maple always looks pretty this time of year. Its almost time for the peonies on the side of the house.
The previous owners arranged the yard so that there was always something in bloom. Right now its this beautiful rododendron bush in front of the house and a bridal wreath bush on the other side. The curved shutters were purchased years ago from an even older house on another street. It looks like they could use a bit of repair this year. I am on the last lap of finishing my Bernina outfit which has to be in the mail tomorrow. Then I may be able to find time to trim some of the straggly bushes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home