Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, May 25, 2007

More Istanbul Photos

On Saturday night the Quilt Association hosted a lovely dinner and dance for all the local group and all the quilters from around the world. There was a reception followed by a lovely dinner and dancing with a Cuban band. Wendy was taking photos which accounts for the empty chair.
The Cuban band. Great music. The location of the party was the Roberts College Alumni facility...a beautiful building high in the hills overlooking Istanbul.
Another of the beautiful tile pieces. A classic Turkish design

There were two restaurants just a couple of blocks from our hotel with Twirling Dervishes which Turkey is famous for. This is a very touristy version I am sure but fun to watch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home