Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'm Running Way Behind

Okay, I'm running way behind in my blogging. I have been semi-crazy (as usual at this time of year) getting my Bernina Fashion Show garment ready to put in the box and send off to Houston. I will be SO happy when its out of my life for the next 2 1/2 years. Today I made an accessory for it which I didn't think I was going to have time for. Tomorrow its finishing the skirt, a bit of fine tuning the dress...and maybe even taking the basting stitches out of the coat. Fortunately they don't show in the finished piece. My daughter came and tried it on yesterday so I could see how it worked when she walked. I didn't want it falling apart on the stage.

Then today the UPS man arrived with 8 boxes of felt purchases from Nepal. I have 100 of the first bag in various colors, 25 of the second in a couple of color ways, small phone neck bags, beaded balls, plain balls, and beaded hearts. I hope they will be a hit next month at QSDS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home