Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Goodby Dinner and the Last Day in Istanbul

On our last evening in Istanbul our hostesses from the Quilt Association treated us to a fish dinner at a lovely restaurant right on the Bosphorus. Talk about a fantastic view. We got to choose our very own fish. Or rather fishes. There were also interesting appetizers. One of them looked and tasted like pine needles. I hope it wasn't

The next morning it was time to say goodby to our wonderful hotel and all our new and old friends. This is just a ruin of something on our corner.

The manager of the hotel treated us to a wonderful dinner at this hotel earlier in the week. I highly recommend it. One last look around the neighborhood. Maybe some rug salesman will ask us in for apple tea?


Istanbul seems to be full of cats all over the streets. Some people make little houses for them for overnight and feed them.
Newlyweds.
Beautiful composition of pots outside the "ruin". We had a late morning flight which is a direct flight to JFK in New York. Unfortunately my next flight was cancelled...the only flight to Rochester on that airline. I ended up buying a ticket to Syracuse on Jet Blue in order to get home that night. Other than that it was a fantastic trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home