Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Free At Last

The Bernina outfit was finished with four hours to spare!!!!! Now its on its way after shelling out over $40 for postage because I was down to the wire as usual. Oh well. So now I have no excuse for not cleaning the house or trimming the shrubs.



But, of course, I am back to working on the next few trips. The next scheduled one is to India and Nepal with three friends in September. We will be staying in Thamel, a section of hotels, restaurants and shops in central Kathmandu. Of course we will have to visit Boudha, a wonderful town on the outskirts where I spent many months over the years volunteering in the local schools. There are hundreds of tibetans there who fled Tibet after China invaded it and at least 28 monastaries the last time I counted. There are many shops with Tibetan antiques, most of which now are reproductions.

These women are wearing typical outfits.
A view of Thamel. You can just see the hills not the ring of mountains in this shot.
The famous Stupa in Boudha.
It is considered a blessing to give alms to the monks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home