Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal, New Delhi...the Last Stop

Back to New Delhi for the last few days.


For the last couple of years I have been staying in Paharganj, the backpacker area near the New Delhi Train Station. There is lots of construction going on in the area as there are more hotels and cafes being built and it is going more upscale.




The streets are almost always busy.



Homeless people sleeping in the streets.



Our first shopping stop was Dilli Haat, a market in the southern part of the city.




There are vendors from all over the country.



They can supposedly stay only a few weeks and then have to move on although I have seen some constant ones over the years.








Taking a nap in the heat is always a good idea.






This is made of inlaid wood. I bought one of a tiger a few years ago.



I am always interested in the textiles of course.


Some hand embroidered pieces which were very expensive. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see the details. Just gorgeous.




And some weird wood.




After Dilli Haat we were off to Kinari Bazaar in the old section of Delhi near the Red Fort. It is full of fabulous trim shops.





There are just too many choices.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home