Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Wolcott Strawberry Festival - Big Doings in Wolcott, N.Y.

It was a beautiful day in Wolcott for the annual Strawberry Festival. With all the farms in the area raising them it certainly makes a lot of sense to have one. Before you even get to the Village Green there was a big yard sale by the Bank.

Approaching the Green which is flanked by two big brick churches.




What summer event would be complete without a display of old tractors?



And a food tent? There was too long a line for me to wait for a hot dog so I opted for a Strawberry Sundae. Good choice.


There was a huge crowd (for Wolcott) milling around, eating, shopping at the vendors and listening to the music.




The library and all the area historical societies had booths.



And even the upcoming Bible School had a display.


A number of bands and groups entertained the crowds during the day.




And the children loved this blow up affair.


Lots of vaguely interesting stuff at the vendors.



I settled on two quarts of strawberries at the berry booth.





After all, isn't this what a Strawberry Festival is all about?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home