Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Field Trip To Cazenovia with Friends

On Tuesday I ventured out with friends for a day of quilt viewing, shopping and lunching between home and Cazenovia.


We started the day at the first location of the Art Quilt Exoerience at the Stone Quarry .









Only half the quilts were located here. The rest were at another location in Cazenovia.








One of my favorites. It was 3d.




My other favorite. The shading and stitching was wonderful.





This was also a stunning quilt.









After lunch we headed out to the second location at Cazenovia College. Unfortunately the quilts are hung in a very small narrow area which made it difficult to view them from a distance.







I always like Elizabeth Barton's quilts.





This was probably my favorite in the whole show.




Then it was on to the RAFA exhibit at the library. Again it was hung in a very narrow this time dark space










Of course we found time to visit two quilt shops and a few other interesting shops on our route.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home