Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Volunteering to Teach Sewing in Jodhpur, India this Winter

I am very fortunate to have been accepted as a volunteer to teach sewing and crafts to underpriviledged women in the Jodhpur area of India this winter. I have visited Jodhpur five times and it is one of my favorite cities in India. I will be staying at the wonderful Durag -Nivas Hotel in downtown Jodhpur.





The NGO is the Sambhali Trust organized by the hotel owner. I will be staying for five weeks as , in the case of most NGO's, they require that you stay at least a month. It takes a few days to get comfortable with the group and for everyone to figure out what they need and what you have to offer.






The towering Meherangarh Fort which dominates the city. A view from the hotel roof.





For more information on the Sambhali Trust where I will be volunteering take a look at this wonderful Utube film:






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home