Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

NY SAQA Regional Meeting in Rochester

On Saturday I attended a lovely luncheon meeting of the NY SAQA members at the Gate House Restaurant in Rochester. It was hosted by our two new representatives, Jeanne Simpson and Pat Pauly who did a wonderful job on such short notice. We had time to get to know each other before the meeting and the luncheon began.

Around 30 members attended from all over the area. We each had time to introduce ourselves and do a bit of show and tell before lunch.









After lunch most of us went to see the Parallax View exhibit organized by Pat Pauly in the same block and the Fiber Arts Exhibit at the Memorial Art Gallery.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home