Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal- New Delhi- Kinari Bazaar

I loved this piece which came in several sizes. Great handbag trim.



There are often tourist groups through the lane on cyclos snapping photos.


Beautiful trim everywhere. Unfortunately not cheap.




Some of the dealers remember me from trip to trip.




Some of the carts looks like they carry impossible loads.



Choices, choices.



The wiring is quite imaginative.



Its best not to look up.










After awhile the shops all start looking alike.



And it takes something special to lure you in.




A bit of sparkling trim from this friendly dealer.



Hmmmm......



So many choices.





And here's that wonderful alleyway I found on my last trip. This time with people in it.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home