Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Butterfly Jacket Class at the Bobbin Case

On Tuesday and Wednesday I taught a class called the Butterfly Jacket (my name for it) at the Bobbin Case Bernina shop in Rochester. This beauty was all sewn and just being fitted before adding the lining and the finishing work.

The starting point was the beautiful hand dyed fabric in the back panel.




Beth made this wonderful jacket from hand stamped fabric from India which she had purchased at a local quilt show.



The striking back panel is pieced.

The lining has already been added to this one and its ready to have the side seams sewn before its finished.


The beautiful back panel came from John Marshall.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home