Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca, Part Thirteen

Gold from Tomb #7, Monte Alban
A turquoise encrusted skull from the Tomb.
A famous crystal cup from the tomb. You can see my shadow in the glass.
Jewelry from the tomb.
Gold from the tomb.
Shell and bone jewelry from the tomb.
After all this serious Museum going it was time for lunch with friends at a delightful fish restaurant a block from my hotel
The restaurant was very cool with all the greenery and had several rooms in the back. Surprisingly it closed every day at 6:30pm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home