Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca, Part Eleven

In the ex-Convent and next door to the Santiago Church is the Museo de las Cultural de Oaxaca, the largest and probably the best museum in town. It is upstairs through this beautiful archway.
There is room after room of artifacts reflecting Oaxaca's past.

One of the best danzantes with typically mutilated sex organs from Monte Alban.






In the back courtyard is the jardin etno-botanico which can only be seen on conducted tours.
I decided that I had enough of a view of the garden without the tour where I would probably hear the names and such of every plant and more.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home