Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca, Part Eight, Arrazola

On Sunday I ventured off again with friends to Arrazola, the home of probably the most famous Alebrije makers. Here we enter the beautiful garden of one of the artists.
Lots of small alebrijes waiting for buyers in their shop.
And some of the larger animals in the shop of Pepe Santiago. I bought two pieces from him and would have bought more except many of them are too large for a suitcase.

More wood waiting for carving in a workshop
The children of the artists begin to learn the trade at a young age.
The painting on an artists house announcing their craft.
Another artist. I didn't find anything here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home