Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca, Part Six

There are numerous sidewalk cafe's around the Zocalo where it is fun to eat and people watch. Usually its best to sit at least one row in to avoid the strong rays of the sun.
The front courtyard of my hotel where guests meet in the morning for breakfast and long conversations. There is a small communal kitchen there which I never did get around to use as I found too many good restaurants right in the area. But I did keep sodas in a refrigerator in the small kitchen closest to my room.
There was a small crafts market near the Santiago Church which seemed to be set up every day. I bought a rug here. I was quite amused to find that many of the dealers were selling articles from Guatemala which I purchase there and at about the same price at which I sell them back home. And they were also selling many beads similar to the ones which i purchase in Asia.
The main Cathedral at the Zocalo.
Inside the main Cathedral. Unfortunately the Cathedral was under construction.
The Cathedral had a beautiful set of 12 glass doors with a different figure on each one. The bright spot is my flash.


A marimba band played in the Zocalo during most lunch hours.
A side view of the Cathedral.
Ok...I know you have been waiting for this. The Mexican Banana Split. The closest place for a banana split used to be a small shop around the corner.
Now there is a flash place right on the Zocalo and prices to match.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home