Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Fun Day at Marcia's Studio

Today I joined Beth Brandkamp, fresh from the wilds of Florida and North Carolina, for a fun day at Marcia's studio. Suki was having her usual winter rough day, and started out by occupying my chair.
Then she needed some loving from Marcia.
And spent some time in her favorite basket.
Marcia had three of her quilts which were either finished or in progress on the walls. While we were there she received notice that four of her quilts have just been accepted in major shows!
I worked a bit on a jacket I started a few months ago.
When Marcia put a couple of quilts on a table Suki had to inspect them of course.
I had purchased the leaf print yesterday and decided to see how it might work into a quilt or a jacket. The embroidery of the three ladies on the left will probably be incorporated into a jacket instead.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home