Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Trip to Oaxaca Part Seven

A balloon seller on the Zocalo. The Marquis de Valle hotel in the background. Years ago they just had a couple of little tables in front where you could sit and drink cheap cokes or coffee. Now they have expanded and have a block long upscale restaurant out in front. This pretty much echo's what has happened to the city over the years as more and more homes are converted to upscale hotels and restaurants.
In front of the Santo Domingo Church.
A decorated car awaits a bridal party.
Cactus in the Church courtyard. The 100 year cactus is blooming.
The bridal party poses across the street in front of a silver shop.
The old church on the corner of the street just above my hotel.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home