Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, July 20, 2009

QBL, Quilting by the Lake, 2009, Day 1, Quilt Show

Today was the first day of classes at QBL, Quilting by the Lake, in their new location outside of Syracuse, N.Y. It was wonderful to have all the classes in airconditioned classrooms. And the layout of the quilt show and the vendors was also spacious and improved over the last location. Here are just a few photos of the great show. This beauty is by Andrea Stewart. One of Sue Benner's flower quilts from her class next year.

This is one of my favorite Jane Sassaman pieces.


Another Sue Benner flower quilt.


Leslie Riley


And Marilyn Belford's fabulous new quilt.






Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth Brandkamp said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time!! Will see you on Thursday!

July 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home