Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Masks

There is always room for this size. About 2" long and from Ecuador. These beauties are paper mache from a wonderful artist I met in Kathmandu. I bought a dragon painting from him.
Two more wooden masks from Ecuador



The ceramic mask on the upper right is from Mexico. The wooden bird below it is from Ecuador. And the one on the lower left is wood and from Siberia.

A paper mache mask of Mahakala, a Buddhist diety from Nepal.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home