Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

And Still More Masks

This large wooden mask is from Guatemala. Purchased from a man who made them in the Zocalo in Antigua. (Oops, I think I should dusted this one before I took the photo) Two wooden masks from Oaxaca, Mexico.

This great wooden mask is from Quito, Ecuador.

The tiger mask on the right is from Kathmandu, Nepal and has glass eyes. I have never seen a similar one there. Glass eyes in a mask there are very uncommon. The black panther is from a small stand in the market in Oaxaca, Mexico. You could also purchase them unfinished there.


More masks from the same vendor in Oaxaca. I love the design on the green one.

A paper mache mask I purchased from the maker in a tiny shop in Kathmandu, Nepal






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home