Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Trip to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia Part One

Ok. I couldn't wait with the tiger photos. Here is a new photo of me with the tigers from the Tiger Temple in Thailand on this trip. Back to the beginning. We had an overnight (of sorts) layover in Bangkok so my daughter opted to take a snooze on the air mattress she brought along for that purpose.

My son in law Michael adjusts the luggage before we check in for the Hanoi flight.


Out to my favorite restaurant (just down from the hotel of course) in Hanoi for my Spring Rolls fix.


And it was time later for Banana Splits by the Lake. But at almost $6 each we didn't go back.





Then it was off to the main market for a bit of shopping. I have never seen this fountain working here.




I usually spend some time upstairs buying fabric but decided to spare the family this trip.



The shops on a nearby street in the Old Quarter where we were staying were full of these wonderful paper lanterns and decorations.





Then we were off to the Museum of Ethnology...my favorite in the city. This boat is a typical fishing boat and only around 20 years old.


An antique water puppet.

More water puppets.



New Years masks



An antique version of basket seller bicycles which can still be seen on the streets
My favorites of course are the textiles


And, of course the ethnic clothing displayed here.


All embroidered.

























Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home