Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Museum of Ethnology Hanoi

A Shaman mask. More beautiful ethnic clothing



This one is my very favorite.



The squares are mostly tiny applique.




























Miniatures of ethnic houses. There were real examples of them in the Museum yard.






Musical instruments.
The fabric in the middle is has beads woven in.



Another house miniature. This was a funeral house.

New Year's Dragon costume.

Funeral house on the grounds.

More ethnic houses on the grounds.

Figures (ok, X rated) outside a Funeral House.

Oops. Guess I didn't get this one turned around. My daughter ascending the steps made out of a log at a tall house.

Oops again.



A long house on the style of those in Malaysia.
Log steps leading into the house.


More antique water puppets.

The water puppet theater on the grounds.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home