Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, June 4, 2007

Its Playtime More or Less

I bought a huge piece of mica on Ebay a few weeks ago and have been having fun "cutting" it apart. When I get it thin enough (but not too thin) it can be used over photos to add an interesting texture in art quilts, and the like. You can sew it by machine if you sew slowly and carefully. And the leftovers can be ground a bit and sprinkled on glues which dry clear. Fun stuff for sure.
My peonies on the left side of the house are starting to bloom and I brought some inside. Luckily without ants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home