Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Down by the Water

At the end of the street is the famous Spice Bazaar. Over the years there have been less and less spice shops here and more and more tourist oriented shops. I rarely buy anything here but its fun to walk through. In front of the Spice Bazaar is the so called New Mosque which is new for Istanbul and only less than 400 years old. There are women selling pidgeon food in little stands and a popular thing to do is to feed the birds and watch them fly around in groups.




The women pidgeon food sellers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home