Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Just a Little More Shopping

There is at least one mosque inside the Grand Bazaar and when it is time for "call to prayer" many of the shops close as the men respond to the call. (I never found a woman selling anything in the Grand Bazaar or anywhere else for that matter) I liked this outfit for Wendy but she only liked the hat.
Wendy tried to orient herself as we wandered around the maze of alleys by working her way back to the Bagel Truck. But it turned out that he was moving around so that didn't work out very well.
Yet another rug shop. This one was for leather rugs and Wendy bought one, over Apple Tea of course.
Yet another hat. This one was a little boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home